Thursday, July 27, 2006

You want fries with that?

I don't ask for much in life. Healthy children; a happy husband; enough income to make ends meet. You know -- the basics of clothing and shelter.

But I would really like at least six more hours in my day. For writing.

I have all these stories floating around -- some in the process of being written, others simple ghosts of ideas -- and I can't seem to find the time to get them down on 'paper'. The ones in process elude me when I do have a spare moment in the computer chair.

So, along with my nice, comfortable life, I want a little more. Don't we all? Oh, there are other things I'd like as well, but the writing issue is uppermost in my mind today. Because when I don't write, I'm not 100% happy. It's like I'm being cut off from my inspiration -- being kept from one of my main purposes -- my battery in need of a good charge and the power is off.

Let me tell you, an unhappy mama makes for an unhappy family. Just ask my kids.

Of course, if you can't get me those extra six hours, how about a babysitter and another computer?

No?

Figures. Guess it's time .... shudder... prioritize. :-(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only the pressure of being a good writer, but an organizedone as well. :sigh:
I wonder how writers with full-time jobs and families do it!

Meg Allison said...

I have no idea, Nienke! My family is enough of a full-time job for me -- thank goodness I don't have to earn a paycheck as well.