Monday, October 30, 2006

Another year...

It's my birthday, today! Well, it will be for about another hour. ;) Had a wonderful day with some very special, heartfelt gifts and a card from my dh that had me laughing. It was perfect! The day was great...even the weather shaped up for me. (GGG)

So, where has this past year taken me? It's amazing how much and how little one's life can change over the course of time. Here I am, one book coming out in print later this coming month...another to be published early next year; yet another coming out some time later in the year. Maybe more? Right now, I can't tell. But I do see a very busy future -- both professionally and personally. My children are all healthy and happy...well, as happy as teenagers can be. ;) My dh is doing well. Everyone is just busy.

Busy is good. It keeps us focused; keeps us from getting bored or getting into trouble. ;) But I also love the quiet moments; the down times when I can step back, take a breath and relax. Which is exactly what I did this weekend. My dh had to work so I got to watch television. My choice! Yay! Two chick flicks; Closed Case; Without a Trace; and Supernatural. Not things I get to watch very often anymore. I'm usually busy on the computer -- writing, promoting, chatting. Or someone else has control of the remote. Or I'm at some event or other. But this weekend was mine!

Yeah, I could get spoiled by this. But then again, just sitting in front of the television would get old after a while. I need this computer...the interaction with friends. I especially need to read a good book now and then. Not to mention finish writing one. (GGG)

Have a great week!

No comments: