Sunday, January 07, 2007

READERS -- tell us what you like!

One way to find out what direction you might want to take when it comes to picking a storyline is to ask the readers themselves.

Personally, I like a variety of romance and some straight mysteries. Give me a good Native American hero, and I'm there! Throw in a sexy vampire, and you have me hooked -- at least enough to check out the back-cover blurb. ;) Add some mystery or suspense, and yes! I want that book! I used to adore Stephen King novels, but I'm not so much into the horror aspect anymore.

So tell us, we really want to know --
What draws you to a book?
What makes it stand out on the shelf OR on that on-line page?
What type of stories are a must-buy?
What type wouldn't you touch with a ten-foot pole?
Do you buy books for your children? IF so, what do they like? Fantasy? Comedy?

Give us some clues, folks. As writers, we love to tell a good story. As writers who want to sell we want to tell a great story that makes you stop, pick up that book (click on the link) and whip out that credit card. ;)

Post away ... readers and writers alike. I can't do this alone. :)

2 comments:

Cathy M said...

Its all about the storyline, and the connection between the characters. Though I love paranormal stories,I can be sucked into any genre if the story is good. Throw in some great sexual chemistry and humor, and you've got me hooked.

Meg Allison said...

Oh, Cathy -- I'm right there with you! LOL!

The storyline has to be intriguing...and the characters have to be people I can relate to or care about.

And sexual chemistry...yes! My favorite part to read and write.