Wednesday, November 26, 2008


Thanksgiving in the U.S. is just a day away. The turkey is thawed in the refrigerator; pies are made; and our cleaning frenzy is at an end. All in the name of tradition...a tradition that I really enjoy.

In honor of the holiday, here's a list of things my children are thankful for:

1. Indoor plumbing... "You never know how much you depend on [it] until you're out there in the woods with a roll of toilet paper, trying to decide between the pine and the maple." (from ds1, 13, the camper)

2. Home... "'Cause it's not cold ... and not food-less." (ds2, age 9 on Dec. 1st)

3. Chocolate, fuzzy animals, and hot guys... "They make the world go around." (dd2, age 16)

4. Pie and cars... "I like pie."(dd3, age 10)

5. Fleecy blankets... "They're warm and snugglie and my cat likes them." (dd1, age 18, after complaining: "No fair, [dd2] got all the good ones!")

And I am thankful for each of them...and their daddy. :)

What are you thankful for?

No comments: