Friday, April 17, 2009

Borrowing kids

Well, not really 'borrowing'. It's more like a temporary adoption thing. ;)

Of course I'm talking about sleep-overs, the great tradition of allowing your children to have friends over to hang-out all night. The name is a misnomer since sleep rarely has anything to do with these activities.

I don't mind the festivities too much. My children are pretty good at picking friends who are polite and basically well-behaved. Who can possibly mind a 13 yob who tells you what a great cook you are? And as long as it's not my hand they're filling with shaving cream, all's well. ;) I also find it's a good opportunity to learn more about who my kids hang-out with...who they may or may not emulate.

So, from time-to-time our house will have a few extra kids on board. Yes, the noise level increases, as does the mess and number of dishes, but no worries. I don't do the dishes anymore... that's the kids' job. ;)

What exciting plans do you have this weekend?

1 comment:

Laura Hamby said...

EEEK! Sleepovers!

Exciting plans: shopping for all new scout uniform for my oldest son, because, well, he outgrew his. Going to see a horse adoption thing in which horses gathered from public lands will be presented to the Marine Corp. Sunday, not entirely sure. We may go to the Pinewood Derby for our youngest son's new pack. Yes. We switched packs due to extreme unhappiness with the pack we joined at the beginning of the school year.

Sleep? That's high on my list of things to do, but I doubt I'll get to do as much of that as I'd like.