Thursday, December 16, 2010

The countdown begins...


Or it did a while back, but now it's starting to really bug me. :P

Yes. It's almost Christmas. Almost as in "it's really time to panic if you aren't at least halfway done". Which, I am. Ha! (Glance nervously at list...) I think.

Secretly, I'm hoping the time will fly between now and Christmas Eve -- the last shopping day possible. Why??? Because if I have too many more days left, I'll keep buying... stuff. Yeah, stuff that no one really needs, but it's so darn 'cute' or 'cool' or 'um...whatever'.

Stuff. Heaven knows we have enough of that to go around, and then some. But from what I hear, we are actually very frugal Christmas-gift-givers. Fine, that's a nice way of saying "cheap", but I don't really care. In my not-so-humble opinion, gifts don't have to be expensive or come in huge piles to make people happy. Honestly, you do that too often and you wind up missing the point of the holiday entirely.

That's my two cents, take it or leave it. Actually... just leave it on the table. I'm sure I can at least find a red kettle to drop it into. ;)

~~Meg

No comments: