Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Self-publishing times three



ACCIDENTALLY IN LOVE

(A Blue Plate Special - Pops' Girls short story)

Amelia Wojosowski moved to Glen Meadow to heal her broken heart and start a new life. She never dreamed she'd fall in love with the oh-so-serious and sexy town physician.

Doctor Marty Winston has sworn off pretty waitresses ever since one broke his heart--but he can't resist Amy Jo, despite her penchant for dumping food in his lap.

She's a beautiful accident waiting to happen…no wonder he's falling in love.

Genres: short story; romantic comedy; sexy romance; series romance; contemporary romance.

PRICE: $0.99

For KINDLE

For NOOK

Other Formats at Smashwords


I now have three stories up for sale at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. (Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone buys books at Smashwords? No action there, to date.)

Anyhow, things are going well. Not fantastic. I won't be buying a new car anytime soon, but that wasn't really the point. ;)

And the point was...? I wanted to do something with these stories. Stories I spent a lot of time creating and fussing over. Ones I did sell, but that may not have caught the attention of many readers. I actually want to give readers a chance to discover them. These books weren't big sellers their first trip out. My other publisher was very, very tiny. Small presses are a dime a dozen, and let's face it -- it's a BIG Internet out there. ;)

But what to do with published stories? Unless you have a big name, not many pubs will try something already done. Then a friend began talking about her foray into self-publishing. The more she talked, the more I listened. Then I thought: "Why not? Let's give it a shot."

My third story is now available. It's another Blue Plate Special - Pops' Girls story ... a very short story. It can also be considered a sequel to SECOND CHANCES (formerly known as: Learning to Live).

I like the characters because they're real. They're not over-the-top Alphas or "perfect" heroines. They might just live right across the street -- only they don't mind if you peek in the bedroom window. (GGGG)

If you enjoy this or any of my books, I do wish you'd let me know. Leaving a comment or even a review is a wonderful way to pat an author on the back. It will be appreciated. :)

~~Meg

Indulge your senses...
htt://www.megallisonauthor.com

No comments: