Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ebb and flow

I need to write today. There's just no getting around it. Trouble is, life tends to interfere.

I have an appointment this afternoon. We're out of milk -- a minor crisis in a house with five children, three of whom are under the age of eleven and consider chocolate milk a major food source. And then there's the school work and the house work.

So, when does the writing get done? All the time, actually. The words ebb and flow as I go about my day. Scenes are played out on the private view-screen in my mind. Hopefully, when I get a moment to sit at the keyboard, those images and words will still be there -- fresh and ready to pour out onto the page.

Experience as taught me it will often be the opposite. sigh But I'll stay optimistic for now.

~~Meg

No comments: