Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Begin again

It seems I'm forever starting over. One novel done and submitted ... still awaiting a verdict on that one ... and a novella is also in another editor's Inbox. So what do I do? Begin again, of course.

It can be a little daunting but it's a necessary part of this business. You have to keep busy; have to keep producing. After all, you don't want the world to forget your name!

But honestly, writing keeps me from going insane while I wait and wonder about that latest submission. I also know this next story will be even better. You learn just a little more with each book you write. Everyone learns by experience and writers are no different.

So...now that I have my mythology firmly in place, on to the next soon-to-be-happy couple. The first hurdle: that opening line.

No comments: