Monday, May 26, 2008

A new review...




Winter Wonders
Anthology by Cindy K. Green, Joann Carter, Meg Allison, and Muncy Chapman

The Long and the Short of It


This brief 79 page book is a compilation of four short, sweet, winter romances. All four tales were enjoyable, easy reads. It's definitely a curl-up-with-hot-chocolate-and-relax-by-the-fire sort of book that leaves one with a warm and agreeable aftertaste - you know, the type where you close the cover with a dreamy smile and a satisfied sigh.

#3 GWEN'S RESOLUTION by Meg Allison
Folks, I am a consummate sceptic in the "love at first sight" arena, but Meg Allison's beautifully woven story has softened my stance. She paints a wonderfully believable portrait of being in the right place at the proverbial right time and falling in love. Gwen is determined to stop sitting home alone, feeling sorry for herself. She's going to be bold and brave by celebrating New Year's Eve on her own. Her plans are changed, however, once she meets Tad.

Gwen and Tad are both depicted with depth and gentleness. And Ms. Allison didn't overshoot the brevity of the story by trying to take them beyond the beginning of their relationship - a be-ginning that promises to bloom into "Happily Ever After".
I think this may have been my favorite of the four stories!
Review by Black-eyed Susan

2 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

Shhhh. Don't tell anyone, but I am Black-eyed Susan.

I am also Groovy.

I am also...well, let's just say that sometimes I run into an identity crisis!

I truly enjoyed your story and look forward to reading more of your work!

God Bless Ya,
Black-eyed, groovyoldlady Susan

Meg Allison said...

(GGG) I understand about the identity crisis... I have a few alter-egos, myself.

Thanks so much, again, for the lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. :)