Friday, March 03, 2006

Intergalactic Dating?

Read a very interesting article in an old Popular Science (June 2005) I found in the house. All about sending messages to outer space -- anything from trying to give the Earth away, to selling ugly sofas and finding the perfect *mate*.

While at first I LOL at the weirdness of it all, the writer in me soon took over and sped off in a different direction. What is someone jokingly sent a lonely hearts ad out into the middle of the Milky Way --- and got a response? In person? That could be interesting ... and funny.

Another story idea? Heaven forbid! It's not like I don't have enough of those already. My list is about ten titles long, at the moment. But the creative juices are flowing. Of course, I'm sure it's already been done somewhere ... by someone. If not...

Okay, okay. I'll put it on my list of Things to Write. It may get done before someone actually gets a response.

sigh

No comments: